Pages

2006-12-27

It's the mineral make-up

Yesterday afternoon one of my 8 year-old son's friends told me, out of the blue, that I looked too young to be a mom. I take my compliments where I can get them, so this 41 year-old ran with that one.

Just then the doorbell rang. I was about to mention my graceful aging to my friend as she stood in the doorway when the kid came running around the corner and announced, "I should probably tell you that I am somewhat color blind in the red and green range...I think that's why you look young to me."


And so it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:24 AM

    Oh no! You have to love kids though. My mom often tells the story of how I used to compare the color of my parents teeth to various yellow objects (i.e., "it's as yellow as the lamp").

    41? Really? Can't be!

    ReplyDelete

Brilliant observations: