Pages

2008-01-09

YUUUUMMMMMM!!!...ABC Wednesday, brought to you by the letter "Y"



Guinness. For strength!

I took this photo on a trip to Ireland a few years ago; I did a whole series of pub fronts; I loved this one for its ancient Guinness ad, and for the beautiful blue of the facade.

Here's another:


There is something about Ireland that is magical, whether you are in a city or the countryside. I've often said it's no wonder it's the land in which leprechauns live...if I were a magical being, I'd pick Ireland as my home as well.

11 comments:

  1. My maiden name was Guinness. The guys in college used to be soooo impressed!

    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue building. And is it too early to check out the taste?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:32 PM

    I lived in London and pub life was on every corner. Hmm but you forgot to take pics of the drunken Irish wobbling out? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:58 PM

    Yay, my two favorite beers! My dog is named Murphy after "Murphy's Irish stout". Her full name is Murphy's Hound Stout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never been to Ireland and these 2 pubs look like fine establishments. Is there one on every block like the Starbucks here?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you post....SmithWickes....one of my favorites.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ireland is very high on my "someday" list...

    I love the pictures. Pubs are so photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thinking about doing that next year for my 10th anniversary...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reminds me of the pubs I ate at and visited in London and in NYC. Ireland sounds a lot better, though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE Guinness.

    And I'd love to visit Ireland on day too.

    Blessings,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the time we spent in Ireland on holiday and would love to visit there again. And Guinness, YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Brilliant observations: