Pages

2008-04-17

If at first you don't succeed...

I've moaned about it here before, but the problem remains.

In fact, it's worse than ever.

I can't fit into most of my clothes. ARRRRRGH.

My friend Mrs. Flinger has written a great article over at Blissfully Domestic about her fitness struggles. In it, she suggests we simplify things by making two basic lists...one of five goals, and one of five means to meet that goal.

So here goes:

Goals:
1. Lose 15-20 pounds
2. Tone core
3. Gain muscle definition in upper arms and back
4. Fit into summer clothes
5. Say good-by to muffin-top

Means:
1. Elliptical 2-3 times per week 30-45 minutes
2. Walk or bike ride 1-2 times per week 60 minutes
3. Pilates/Yoga/something like that focusing on upper body for at least 2-3 times per week at least 20 mins
4. Play outside with my kids (walks, parks, kicking ball, etc.)
5. Cook organic, whole foods as much as possible

So, I am going to try, try again.

***********************************************

By the way, if I owe you an email or PM or money, my apologies. My internet has been on and off this past week, mostly off (we considered claiming the Comcast service guy on our taxes). I did get my article up at Blissfully Domestic, though! Check it out, won't you? Anyway, it seems that my internet is back on now, and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Unless I owe you money. In which case *static* what? I think I'm *static* losing my *static* connection again *static.*

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with that. It is a struggle to get started but once you get rolling...whew, you are tired, but cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the heads-up on plastic. I've been working to avoid/eliminate plastic as much as possible, but school lunch boxes are still my toughest battle. Looking forward to reading about some alternatives and resources tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Brilliant observations: