Pages

2008-10-20

Rainbows & blogging templates

I think I need to shake things up around here. Get back in the groove of writing on a semi-regular basis.

I don't know what my deal is. I've got some sort of blogging writer's block. I have about five or six gazillion posts in my queue...none of them completed. I start writing, stop, stare at the screen, say, "Eh," and walk away.

What's up with me?

I haven't told you much about my most awesome new house. Or the fundraising auction that I am organizing for my daughter's preschool. Or that I've lost weight since quitting Zoloft (yea me!). Or that our finances are really starting to look up (despite the fact that my husband's in the banking/mortgage industry. But he's one of the good guys!). Or. Or. Or.

Maybe it's just that I started using this bloggy here as a vent for all the negative stuff going on that I forgot how to write about wonderful things...like rainbows and soft, fluffy kittens and life going well.

It probably also has something to do with the fact that I still don't have my own laptop. Or camera.

Oh! Good! Something to complain about!

Except that I am probably getting a camera this weekend. Not for sure, but probably.

AND, it's looking pretty good that I'll be getting a new computer by the end of the year.

Great! NOW what am I going to complain about? It's not fair! I don't have anything to complain about, dammit!

Oh! Excellent! That's what I can write about...how much my life sucks because everything is going so flipping well.

Wait.

I dunno. Maybe I should play with the template. That's always fun.

7 comments:

  1. It's a well established fact that more people write in their journals during the hard times. All of my journals in high school should have just been called "The torment of boys I love".

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:20 AM

    I'm with you! When I read through my journals I must look like a psycho! Now I make sure that I write the good stuff too. Sometimes the tender moments are fogetten otherwise.

    Playing with your template is a surefire way to create more blog fodder!

    Karen
    twitter.com/karenMhurd

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Lucky me, I still have plenty of material to complain about.

    But seriously, I'm so glad things are looking up for you. It's nice when life actually goes your way, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter what you post; the good, the bad, or the ugly, I just enjoy reading it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:19 PM

    Just post about whatever you feel like posting about, whenever you feel like it. I second OverCoffee.

    (Although...I really would like to hear about the house and the pre-school and the camera and...on second thought, get on it, lady! Kidding, kidding.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo, a new camera!
    your post title captured my attention at allmediocre.

    good post. i'll stop by again. (if that's ok!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you get a camera?

    I got a new one this last week. Deanna helped me pick it out. Matches hers. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Brilliant observations: