Pages

2007-09-27

cre8Buzz doesn't suck - or - freedom from 'express' shun



In a wonderfully timely follow-up to my post yesterday about how Facebook sucks, here's one more reason to DUMP them (& Myspace as well)...the social networking site cre8Buzz has publicly given us all a reason to get on board with them

They've announced that they welcome images of women breastfeeding; they aren't just quietly accepting/not deleting such photos but instead are making it a matter of policy. How awesome is that...they are separating themselves from other social networking sites who consider such images obscene. LOVE them.

Their words:

Our official position:

Cre8Buzz is the place where people can be seen, heard and found and interact with communities of like-minded folks. We believe that each community has its topics, issues and means of expression that are unique. Therefore, we at Cre8buzz accept all means of expression, including photos, as long as they meet reasonable standards of appropriateness for that community. For Moms, breastfeeding is part of motherhood like dirty diapers and sick kids. We have no issue with members of the Moms community expressing themselves with pictures of breastfeeding.


Cre8Buzz will go live on October 7th; I was fortunate enough to be a part of the beta site (so I feel more than a bit proud about this announcement).

I have some beta invitations left if you'd like to check cre8Buzz out before they go live; leave a comment and I'll see if I can't hook you up. I'm in the photography community (but zip into the Moms community often, and others as well); you can join any group with an invite, and believe me there are plenty of communities from which to chose.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:46 PM

    Hey Babe!
    I love your comments!!! Especially Consider it done. It is as if I WROTE IT! ha.
    I'm on board with tha pro-breastfeeding attitude of cre8buzz. I'm still nursing #4. I've been showing mah boobies off & on for 9 years now!
    Also, I need your RSS feed hooked up for nearcircle. Your postings are not yet showing up on my widgit. I need me some updates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm tempted to post mine but it's SO unflattering because my boob is bigger than baby's head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:33 AM

    That sounds like a great place on the net. I'll have to go check it out. Mom's of the world UNITE!! LOL...or at least stick together on this one topic.

    Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to check this out. Yeah to breast feeding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to hear about cre8buzz-it sounds cool!

    I can't wait to check it out when it goes live!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:36 PM

    send an invite please!

    ReplyDelete

Brilliant observations: